This is how the French have kale!
It is a wonderful recipe that I have adapted from Elle a Table.
- One big bunch of green kale thinly chopped
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 cups of finely chopped walnuts (I ran them through the food processor)
- O1 thick slice of Gorgonzola or any other Blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Gluten free corn grits to dust the casserole
In a big bowl blend the eggs, the softened cheese, the walnuts and the kale. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spray with olive oil the bottom and sides of a casserole dish and dust it with the corn grits.
Pour the mixture in it and place it in the center of a 375 oven for 40 minutes. At the last five minutes sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the top and wait until golden to remove it from the oven.
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER RISOTTO
- O1 whole cauliflower grated (use the food processor)
- 01 green apple
- ½ large onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 01 tablespoon of curry powder (if you do not like the heat, use sweet curry powder)
- 01 tablespoon tomato paste
- 01 vegetable low sodium bouillon cube
- 01 cup coconut milk
- 2 stalks of green onions or chives chopped
- 01 handful of parsley (or cilantro) chopped
Saute the onions on the two tablespoons of olive oil. Add salt and pepper. When the onions are translucent, add the chopped apple and the curry powder. Taste. Add the cauliflower, the tomato paste and the bouillon cube. Let the flavors marry for a minute or so then add the coconut milk. If you feel that you need more liquid just add water until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking. Before serving sprinkle the parsley and the green onions on top.