- I tb spoon of olive oil
- 01 cup ofonions finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 01 thick stalk of Leeks finely chopped
- 02 boxes ofchopped Mushrooms (I like shitakes)
- 1 cup of Madeira wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 8 ounces of vegetable broth
Start by sautéing the onions and the leeks. When they are soft add the garlic carefully not to burn it. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and keep on stirring until all liquid is gone. Now is time to add the quinoa, the Madeira wine and the broth. Lower the flame and wait until all the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
The quinoa needs to be washed under cold water until that water runs clear. I usually place it on a sieve and let the water run through it for a while. Only then it is good to go in the pan.
I have frozen it with very good results…